I pretty much copied Shelley and Jen's tutorials verbatim. You can check out Shelley's here and Jen's here.
I rolled out my Egeby rug and taped off the edges.
Then with a sponge roller I rolled on my white latex paint. And I am not gonna lie, it sucked up the paint. I had a quart of one coat white and used it all. I definitely didn't get even coverage but I was fine with it.
At first I thought I would tape off my
Because I was too lazy to find a ruler I just used a piece of vinyl to measure my spacing between zig zags.
Using a small paintbrush and some free aqua paint from one of my best buds, I started dapping on the paint. Things were going well for about 5 minutes then I messed it up....grrrr. You can see below how I put the template in the wrong spot. :-( Nothing a bit of white paint can't fix.
Here it is in my entry way...
You can really see my boo boo in this picture. I still need to distress it with my sander and I think that will help mask it even more. I just couldn't wait to get it in my entry way!!